Thursday, October 23, 2008

Seven 'til

*sings*
On the seventh day til 30, my parents gave to me....

Ok, enough Xmas carols. So my parents surprised me and sent me some gifts for my b'day. I'd told them not to send anything...but you know how it is with parents. They send a package...with a brand new watch inside. How cool is that? Its a cool watch but I'm a lil conflicted about it. I'm kinda a name brand guy and this isnt what I would normally get for myself. But I'm gonna wear it anyway since its a gift.

Big Check

I also got a really cool card and Mom put a check in it. We going to Sizzler!! Seriously tho, I feel spoiled right about now. Or like I'm retiring after my 25, or 30, years on the job. Which, in a weird way, is apropos. Definitely brightened what had become pretty much a turd of a day.

5 comments:

Pharoah said...

Hey,
You are turning Thirty? What up with you and Dallas Black, neither of yall said nothing about these monumental occassions. You doing anything to celebrate? Even if the celebrations doesn't involve a huge crowd, do something FOR YOU to celebrate. You only turn 30 once, and sadly there many who do not live to see it! It's an honor, treat it as such.

Ry

Lady Dulayne said...

Dang, you still get gifts from the parents? Nice!

Dallas Black said...

Congrats homie! Oct 30th is coming up kidd!

Dont tell Miami but I got your birthday on my calendar and not his. I always feel bad about missing his birthday EVERY year but yours is easy to remember. Plus Miami is like hella hold...lol

CC Solomon said...

Happy belated (or early?) bday, I spoiled by the parental's as well for my bday and lovin it all! Is there a time to stop getting gifts? I've been giving the parents gifts since I was in middle school (granted in 6th grade it was stuff I could buy at Rite Aids, its been upgraded now of course).

Virgil said...

I consider everyone must read this.
check | check | my site