Tuesday, October 7, 2008

An addiction I wouldnt mind having



Addictions in general are bad. We all know that. Certain addictions are worse than others. The worst probably being drugs, followed by nicotine, alcohol, gambling, etc. But THIS, I could live with. I'm sorry but...sex addiction? I WISH I had enough opportunities for sex for which I could claim to have an addiction to it. At this point, I might as well be allergic to it.

Sex addiction!?!? I mean...I just cant get over that. Can you claim a disability for that? Would that even make sense? Is there a Sex Anonymous? "Hi. My name is and1grad and I cant stop fucking women. Its tough on my mattress. On my kitchen table. On my couch. Would it be inappropriate if I gave this lady in front my phone number?" I just cant take this addiction seriously. David Duchovny likes the "gushy gushy." Sorry, but this is no X files mystery. Its either called "infidelity" or damn fine luck.

A commenter on the page of that link made a good point. How do you treat this at a center? Do they make you watch Disney movies and Sesame Street all day?

7 comments:

IamMe Like IT-Love IT-Hate IT said...

LOL I think if you're truly and addict anything can potentially arouse you but I'm just speculating here I'm not a sex addict I don't think. So you could be watching Big Bird and Ernie like it's porn.

Anonymous said...

you ain't never lied about this one. i blogged on this mess as well. sex and addiction shouldn't even be in the same sentence. in my opinion, sex is only bad when rape is involved or when you go out and get a virus that will take your life away because you weren't safe in your "addiction". crazy stuff, but funny too...lol.

[associated mess©]

and1grad said...

@iamme,
Just speculating huh? Mmmmhmm. I'm thinking of ways people can get aroused watching Sesame Street. Gives "Tickle Me, Elmo" a whole new meaning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i73dWYJqVHk

@marcus,
You know what, rape never crossed my mind. You got a point there.

It also kills me that Duchovny stars on a show called "Californication" and even won a golden globe for it. I mean...dont you have to ask now if he's even acting really? It cant be acting if you can look at a script and go "This reminds me of Wednesday."

B said...

No silly..one can have a sexual addiction. I just saw a documentary on it on Discovery Health. It can really cause a problem saaaaaay in marriage. A woman so addicted to sex that she will seduce her husband's co-worker/friend/cousin. These sex addictions don't come from just being horny out of control...they are usually stemmed from sexual abuse/molestation as a child. Or lack of love. Some people are addicted to sex because they think that is the ONLY form of love. It's hard for us normal folx to think of it like that but being addicted to sex is more MIND thing a physical thing. Make sense?

clnmike said...

Lol, B is right, sex addiction is not all that it is cracked up to be.

But of all the addictions thats the one I wouldnt mind getting stuck with.

and1grad said...

I cant buy it, B. Psychologists can make anything sound plausible. Next thing you know, they're telling you that you're hungry at lunchtime b/c mom used to ignore you as a child.

clnmike said...

Lol.