Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Roughing It

I spent this past weekend camping at Yosemite. Good friends, good times, good alcohol. Everybody wins. Having never been camping, I showed up woefully unprepared. Thankfully most things were taking care of for me ahead of time (most likely wouldnt've gone had this not been the case) so I wasnt S.O.L. Food...check. Lodging...check. Wait...lodging? Yes, lodging. No, I didnt sleep outdoors like some common animal. This campground actually had these little, for lack of better word, huts that we were able to rent and sleep in. You're not exactly "outdoors" but since its open to most elements (besides rain), its not indoors either. My God thats convoluted. *shrug*
Photobucket
I had done a leg workout a day b4 this trip so my hamstrings were sore when we went. Romanian deadlifts. I recommend them to all who hate themselves. On Saturday, we decide to go hiking. Well, they decided and I tagged along b/c whatthefuckelse was I gonna do? We pair up. 3 boys, 3 girls. 'Cept the girls stayed together and so did the boys. Grudge match style. Why not? Boys will be boys right...so we challenge each other to keep up with one another...while the girls stay behind and threaten to turn back. *channels third grade voice* Girls are lame. Anyway, it didnt take us all very long to be reminded that we are indeed NOT in shape. It was a great hike tho..made it to the Emerald Pool. Some of our more insane friends got up at 6am and went all the way to Half Dome. Madness.
Bear
"Get away bear." Have you ever woke up to someone saying that? I can now say that I have. "Get away bear" was the phrase of the weekend. Not b/c there was a bear trying to get at our food locker but the absolute calmness in which it was said. Our new bear whisperer...he said it as tho he were bored with the bear. "Listen bear, give it a rest...go home already." Just...nonchalant with it. "Not tonight, honey." Oh, he also shook a water bottle at the bear. So here's the tale of the tape: Jessie + a water bottle vs. a hungry bear. Well...gimme Jessie AND the points.

All in all, camping was a good time. I cant say for sure that I'd ever go again tho. I mean, I really like indoors. If not, I wouldnt pay all this money in rent, cable, etc. I'd just live in my car and shower at the gym. It might be a cool every once in a while thing for others but I think I'm one and done. I'll leave the outdoor tribesman-type shizzle to the ancestors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like a nice time was had by all. I wouldn't mind going hiking. But sleeping outside is not an option, lol.

Sampson said...

Pretty effective data, thanks so much for your article.
electronic cigarette refills