So the Lady finally speaks. (This makes McCain the Tramp, I believe)I have to say...from the clips I've heard and seen and the reviews, it sounds like she was an absolute smash. Good for her. She's just catapulted her political career into the stratosphere. I also hear that women voters may flock to her rather than staying in the Democratic party. Very possible. I already hear some of the women (Democrats) in the office buzzing about her.
But here's the other thing that was very noticeable about her speech. It was all attack and no real substance. How do you mock someone who's experience is actually better than yours? And then mock the event, which historically speaking, is actually MORE significant than your own? Make no mistake, her nomination and acceptance is also significant but not as much so. Then there's the lies she told about Obama's energy stance and his not authoring anything of significance. Maybe she's just misinformed. Wouldnt be the first time considering the party she represents.

But here's what I'm excited about. The VP debate CANT HELP but be interesting. I dont expect Biden to pull punches and I sure as hell hope he takes it TO Palin and the conservatives. She was throwing haymakers last night. Lets see how she does in the faceoff. I think Biden will feed her her lunch and a brother like ME...will be tuned in. Believe that!
3 comments:
Comment from one of my ghosts:
"I love how her family is off limits, yet she parades them around stage. They even brought the boyfriend that they're FORCING to marry her daughter. McCain greeted the dude on the tarmac! Palin completely avoided the pregnancy issue. she can't keep her daughter in line yet she wants to be VP? Hell, she asked what does a VP do? Surdiculous!!"
Damn right!!
I thought the speech was way over rated by the media. She didnt adress jack but went on the attack.
And Joe Liberman. There is a special place in hell for men like him.
clnmike,
It definitely was WAY overrated. Everybody wants to pat her on the back just b/c she didnt go out there and fall on her face. When people stop congratulating her for not being a lame, they'll realize that her "speech" was really nothing but a longwinded nasty gram aimed at Obama.
Post a Comment