Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fool's Gold

EVERY time I hear a quote from one of our numerous black athletes, I cringe. Not because what they say is so commonly stupid, but that the way they say it is stupid. The most recent quote I heard/read was from Stephon Marbury. He said, concerning his potential release from the Knicks, "There wouldnt be no negotiation..." I know its nitpicky but this shit drives me crazy. Why cant our athletes at least give the impression that they're intelligent? Hell, lie to us. I dont care. Just dont make me think that you're a fool with money. This is one of the things I love about Kobe. He ALWAYS sounds intelligent. He didnt even GO to college and he sounds twice as smart as some of these ballplayers that SUPPOSEDLY did. Shameful.

Oh, and then there's this Josh Howard, of the Dallas Mavericks, character. He seems to aspire to perfect sounding like an absolute fool. Said something about not taking part in the national anthem because he's black. Really? Who thinks that? And better yet, who actually SAYS it? They say a fool and his money are soon parted. But clowns like these remind me of when Dave Chappelle was doing his Rick James impersonation and said "They shoulda never gave you niggas money!!"
Rick James

3 comments:

Samson said...

Shouldn't participate in the national anthem because he's black....LMAO

That can't be real people saying these things... I mean I guess when you have money and feel yourself, you feels you can say or do what you want.

CC Solomon said...

Haha- some of these people are so psuedo educated- meaning they went to college (to play some form of ball) but forgot to get an education. And no one ever pressured them to read a whole book or take a public speaking class and if they did, who bothered to correct them as long as they were wining the game!

and1grad said...

andre
Yup. No matter how retarded it makes you look. Sometimes I wish I could be one of these fools' agents. "Mr. Howard has millions of reasons to be stupid."

cat
It KILLS me that these guys get a FREE pass to an education and dont take ANY advantage of it whatsoever. I celebrated...CELEBRATED when the NBA made the rule that you have to go to some college or be some age (whatever it is) before you're allowed to play in the league.