The NFL has about a billion reasons to be ashamed of itself. Here's the latest on their extended list of gaffes and miscues. Yesterday, one of their best refs blew a call. In the Broncos/Chargers game, Jay Cutler lost the ball on an apparent fumble that was ruled an incomplete pass. In slow motion and numerous replays, every armchair quarterback and so called expert was able to see that Hochuli had blown the call. Fine. Officials blow calls ALL. THE. TIME. But here's the thing that gets me. In Hochuli, you have an official that actually had the GUMPTION...the intestinal fortitude...to actually admit that he made a mistake. I'm not saying the guy should be rewarded...but to downgrade him b/c he screwed up on what wasnt the obvious play people are trying to make it seem to be? Weak. I just watched a Cowboy almost rip Westbrook's head off with an obvious facemask. No call. What happens to THAT ref? He should be fined!I may have JUST seen the most retarded football play I've ever seen. DeSean Jackson...just celebrated by releasing the football before he got in the endzone. Idiot. I cant even think of any other words for that play right now. I'm in utter shock. To anyone reading this, I hope you're either watching or watched tonight's Monday Night Football game b/c the Eagles and Cowboys are putting on a show.
1 comment:
I agree with your assesment of penalizing refs when they come clean. Give them a demerit point and keep it moving. Let the fan's know so they can have confidence that refs will be held to some standard but don't "make an example" out of the one ref that admits he blew it...at least not in that way.
Post a Comment