Monday, September 15, 2008

My Trip to Santa Cruz

So I went to Santa Cruz for the first time this weekend. Its something like a 3 hour drive from where I live. Just long enough that you're tired when you finally get out of the car. My friend and I went to the boardwalk first which was cool. It was kinda like a state/county fair but on a beach. Rides looked cool but I'm gradually getting beyond the age where roller coasters actually appeal to me enough to ride em. Or, at least, a girl needs to be present. They're always fun to take on roller coasters.

My friend and I met up with another friend that drove up from San Fran. We were hoping that it being Saturday would mean some decent looking ladies would come out and show some skin. Not so much. The sun didnt really break thru til a little after noon so it was mostly parents/kids who came out...a lot of high school girls (if you're into that), and some die-hard kite aficionados. Never understood the big deal about kites. You get it in the air and keep it there. Yippee. How is anyone over 12 not completely over that in about 5 minutes? Well, to each their own. I think there was ONE lady that I would say was hot out of the 2 beaches we went to. Her husband, I guess, had just the right amount of tattoos to make you think "That guy has just a little too much going on on his arm." Reminded me of players on the Denver Nuggets.
JR Smith
One of my friends brought a boogie board so that he can go in the water. This water is cold as balls. In fact, he's probably just now being able to find his today after getting in that water on Saturday. After all that, we got something to eat in their downtown area which was cool. Reminded me of part of Boston's downtown. Except for the hippies. I think I saw a deal go down at a stop sign. I figure it was probably meth since both the driver and the passenger were hurting for front teeth and the guy they bought it from looked homeless. Its funny when you can honk at a guy and have him get up and sell you drugs. Whats up, The Wire?

We ended the day back at the boardwalk with this huge arcade and indoor mini golf. I'd heard good things about this indoor mini golf and wanted to try it. Let me describe to you how lame it looked. You know those outfits they wear at Hot Dog on a Stick? Lamer than having to wear that while serving your high school buddies. So we ditched that and went to their arcade. I still like video games so arcades are usually a win. But not this arcade. Boo-T. First, it stole almost 2 dollars from me with games that didnt work. Next, every game I played was in some way malfunctioning. Third, this was like the arcade that time forgot. EVERY game was old. Then they had the nerve...THE NERVE...to have a "Classic" section. Ya...I wound up nicknaming this place, The Arcade Graveyard. Where games go to die. Thats what this was. The ONLY saving grace...was that I got to play a version of Samurai Showdown. A game I've always loved. I think this was #6 or something but whatever. As long as they have Haohmaru and a sword, its taking at least a dollar from me. I'll see you again soon Jubei. Ippon!!
Haohmaru

2 comments:

clnmike said...

Samurai Showdown was the ish right up there with Tekken, lol.

girlwednesday said...

I updated! Finally! For your reading pleasure.