I wasnt gonna blog about this b/c I dont really know what to say or how to say it but I feel compelled to say SOMETHING. We are losing our notable black people at an astonishing rate right now. People that I feel, in some way or another, have had a positive impact on society as a whole, if not just the African American population. I say rest in peace to the following:
Bernie Mac
Isaac Hayes
Gene Upshaw
U.S. Representative Stephanie Tubbs Jones*
Julius J. Carry III (Sho'Nuff)
LeRoi Moore
...and anyone else I may be missing. I always think of this song when someone passes. So, in tribute...
4 comments:
You forgot the dude from Dave Matthews!
girl, Oh ya!! I knew I forgot someone.
Yea well I think a certain generation is hitting "that age". I am just trying to see 42! Big money, big money, big money.........
Hey, you be down to hangout on 8/29 at Pechanga! No excuses! Bring that bike and earring too...
Note: Apparently the news of Rep. Tubbs Jones passing appear to have been premature and hopefully will remain false.
db, DEFINITELY bringing the bike down. Lets hope I'm not crazy sore b/c of it.
Post a Comment