Friday, January 23, 2009

Rant Time

Rant time. This shit pisses me off EVERY year but THIS year takes the GOT DANG cake. *Kanye synthesizer voice* SYSTEM OVERLOAD!!! What is it, you ask? Its the lineup of the NBA All Star game. I know this is a dumb thing to get riled up over but like I said...EVERY YEAR. AAAARRRGGGHHHH...I CANT TAKE IT. Listen up.

First, the NERVE of the NBA to keep shoving Yao Ming down our throats like the guy is entertaining to watch. He's not. I get that your INTENT is to cultivate the Chinese viewers due to potential and realized revenue but really? You cant make it so that their collective votes are somehow proportional to those of the US? Seeing him START the All Star game every year is just RI-GODDAMN-DICULOUS.

And second. Ooooh...this one. I need to take a MINUTE for this one I SWEAR. This one has me shaking like Lewis Black over here. THE AUDACITY...the unmitigated GALL to put Tim Duncan at THE THREE spot. THE THREE!?!?!? REALLY? ARE YOU...ugh. I saw that and I swear to you I damn near took a swing at my tv. What. The. DAMN? That is not only some straight up BULLshit in itself but the simple fact is you're robbing a player of going to the All Star game and robbing the one that SHOULD BE starting at that position of doing so. Thats bush league, Mr. Stern. In fact, thats worse...its pollution. You're polluting the game with your absurd "politics" and my beef with you extends beyond that. Allow me to expand.

I'm CONVINCED that David Stern knew about and does nothing about refs cheating and other absurdities that come with how they call a basketball game. He is WAY too smart to even PRETEND to be that oblivious to it all. ALSO...I'm convinced that Boston had NO SHOT of getting the #1 or #2 pick to get either Oden or Durant due to Stern's hand. I have NO DOUBT that he didnt like watching the Celtics tank and made sure they wouldnt so obviously gain from it. I dont even consider that a conspiracy theory as much as a point of fact. In my opinion, the man's hands are dirty and, quite possibly, hairy.

I digress. This is some bullshit and I dont yet know what NBA player is getting the simultaneous 7' and 7'6" shaft but the NBA owes you brothers an apology. And lubricant. Lots of lubricant. And a heat pack. And I'm done.

1 comment:

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Damn boo, tell 'em why you mad!

All I can say is I'm glad they're not bringing that bullshyt here. I can't take another big ass crowd in this tiny ass city.