As of this Friday, I'll have eased my way into 3 months of Version 3.0 so I feel its time for a report on the haps and mishaps of the model.First things first. I'm getting both darker AND hairier. This is some bullshit. I dont need ANY MORE PIGMENT! I'm good! I'm easing my way out of a cool "Snickers" brown and into "Batman" territory and I dont like it!! OH and the kicker...its just my face. The rest...still brown. Awesome. What am I, a lycan? Am I transforming into one of those Egyptian Gods? Well..the way my knees have been acting, I wont need a cool power staff...just a cane. 30...with a gotdamn cane. I digress. I mention hairier but make no mistake, I am by no means a hairy beast. I just notice my coat is slightly fuller than it used to be and my head and facial grow faster now. Again, I dont like it. Facial hair is a pain in the proverbial ass.
Back to my knee. Joints are the wackness. I'm hearing lil pops in joints when I work out or stretch and all that. My GOOD knee has started giving on me even. MY GOOD KNEE!! The fact that I even HAVE a "good" knee is annoying. If my good knee no longer qualifies as good...well...I'm fuct. No way around it. You know what, fuck joints. Give me a couple good hinges and some monkey grease and I'll make this shit happen my damn self. Before I get to the point where my morning stretch sounds like popcorn is almost ready.
Lets get to some good things. My credit is lights out. And its hilarious b/c when stores/people check my credit for whatever reason, they come back all smiles and cheese and want to offer me something to drink now. They're all calling me all the time and shit now. "Let me know if you have any further interest with us, and1!" Its handshakes and looking me in the eye now...rather than assuming its the person behind me's turn for service while I stand there in their face. Its beautiful. I was even able to go see President Barack Obama get sworn in. That was a moment to be cherished and I was THERE. Dig that.
Oh, I'm FINALLY too old for the club. Which is GREAT b/c I've NEVER liked the club scene and now I have a fantastic reason not to go. Hell, I'm still annoyed that "lounge" is just code for a club with a sofa or 2 in it. Anyway, another thing I've noticed is that I'm becoming a LOT more tolerant to other viewpoints, which is the opposite of what I thought was/would be happening. Figured I'd become one of those "my way or the highway" types but its practically the exact opposite. I'm still the "easy like Sunday Morning," go with the flow type. I find that I'm in less of a hurry, in general. Or maybe I'm just slower. *wink*
So...these are things that I've been noticing as I've transitioned into and began Version 3.0. All things considered...so far, so good.
5 comments:
I don't understand the concept of getting darker. I mean really, how does that happen? Have you been tanning in the sun? Maybe if it bothers you, you should get some sunscreen - especially since it seems to only be your face.
And don't worry 30 is just another number. No biggie. Been there done that.
When I read "my good knee" I was done!!!
LMAO
sorry to hear about that, grampy! (says the woman who's 4 years older than you)
Good Knee = Hilarity.
30 isn't so bad. Of course, I haven't experienced that yet, but you're starting it with good credit. It can only get better. At least, you'll be able to get one of those Hoveround things.
Ok, here we go:
1) When were you a go with the flow guy? lol...Come on now, you can stop the oceans like Moses, shrug and walk off. That's why we love you, or at least that what Prez says..lol. I have seen a very positive change in ya and I respect that.
2) Embrace the hairiness as I have done. Shaving is a reminder to me every morning I am a man, a beautiful one at that.
3) Yea well all that basketball is sneaking up on you. You use to have knee issues in college. I guess it will just slow you down so you can play with grandkids in a couple years...lol
4) Good credit? It is like heaven on earth when that 23 y/o kid behind the counter offers you the world or that arrogant car dealer suggests the Porsche since you are obviously good for it. It is indeed grand.
Cool report, keep it up.
@Renee
I would have to get lighter to tan. It doesnt bother me really. I can carry the mantle as DarkManX of the group.
@Jaded
Grampy!?!? Dont let me take this belf off!
@Rei rei
Hoveround?
@db
1.) lol...I went with the flow ALL THE TIME. Even followed you guys to clubs and I hate clubs!
2.) Never.
3.) Oh you will burn for that. lol
4.) "Hey, Dirtay. Baby, I got your money dont you worry, say hey..."
Post a Comment