Friday, November 28, 2008

MLK Jr "I Have A Dream" Speech

I was watching the 100 Greatest Black Power Moves today and was reminded of something.  How many of us have actually watched the entire Martin Luther King Jr "I Have A Dream" speech? We're inundated with clips of the same parts but I cant say I've seen the entire thing since high school.

For your viewing pleasure:

2 comments:

nikki said...

i had never watched the speech in its entirety until today. thank you for sharing that with us. after hearing it, i'm reminded of the stagnant nature of equal justice. many of the problems he spoke of are issues with which we still grapple with.

However, there remains hope, and that's the most blessed gift. no matter how long it is taking, there is hope that one day, the struggle for equal justice will be over. i'm hopeful that day will come before i die.

and1grad said...

There are so many good quotes in that speech that its surprising that you only ever really hear the same part. I really dug the part about the promissory note and the "insufficient funds." I also agree about hope. There's ALWAYS hope.