Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Year of the...Dragoon?

I'm on a horse too

This present year and a half, or so, of being completely single has led me to take stock in some things. Actually, I should say its led me to reevaluate former opinions...especially those involving our "fairer sex." Some of which favorable, others either not or probably just a wash altogether.

No More Drama

Marley was right when he said "No Woman, No Cry." Not having a woman around equals a almost completely drama-less life. I dont have to worry about anyone, do things I otherwise dont want to do, and I have more money. Until you're in a relationship, you forget how expensive it is to be in one. The downside? You have to wonder...is NO drama REALLY what you want? I mean...it does get a little boring.

Living Space/Cleanliness

Another thing is the obvious difference in my living space. I have literally no pressure or impetus to clean regularly. Dont get me wrong, I'm not a filthy or dirty person by any means...but I do tend to live in various states of clutter. I dont know what it is but picking up after myself just DOESNT come naturally. I tend to like having some things out because it reminds me to address them...later. #shrug

Social Implications

The LEAST expected change I noticed is that, since most of my friends here are now coupled up, I've been practically friend-bandoned. Not that I'm persona nongrata but they would MUCH rather do things with other couples than with singles. This isnt a surprise but I had already forgotten about it. Especially since it doesnt much matter to me either way. But...people have to take the GF, or in some cases now WIFE, into consideration whenever they do something. Thats fine if you're whupped. I've also noticed that this really isnt MUCH of a singles town. I mean, its by no means terrible but its not like one of those cities where you're breaking your neck whenever you simply walk down the street. Not saying...just saying.

Food issue

Women always make sure you have food in the house...even if they cant cook. I mean...the benefits to this are obvious, ESPECIALLY when you're like me and HATE shopping. I particularly hate grocery shopping. I have no idea why. But I will let my fridge be completely barren before I go to the market. Its ridiculous. I opened the fridge door and there was an echo this morning. Not good. I need to correct this issue and quickly. Unless I'm able to finally kick this whole "eating" fad that I've been into for a long time now. I just dont know that I see that happening.

Counselor/Physician

But the WORST time to be single...when being single REALLY sucks...is when you are sick or injured. So many times I wish I had just a LITTLE bit of help and didnt. Or wish I could get a back rub. Or even bounce an idea or 2 off of someone. That part doesnt bother me as much given all of the communication outlets provided by the internet but it IS worth considering.

Tener El Sexo

"Girrrlll fllexx-uh, Time to have sexx-uh..." Of course, sex is an issue but you can kinda get by with an effective porn stash. The sheer variety of types of porn is really kind of amazing if you know how to find it. I mean...

But I know its bad when I'm staring at like EVERYBODY'S titties. I mean, really. Even middle-aged women, I'll be like "Hmmmm..." Thats the worst. Or when those late-night Girls Gone Wild commercials start to seem like a decent deal. Those are the ROUGHEST times yo. Again...thanks good & free porn. You're the greatest.

All of that said, its time I put some actual effort into not being single. I hardly even remember where to go meet women anymore...especially since I'm not so big on alcohol (bars) nor am I a fan of shouting over loud music (clubs). Not to mention, my voice just doesnt carry over loud music. Just doesnt work out. I'd be better off having signs like Wile E. Coyote. Just not my bag. So now what? The internet,(i.e. Match, twitter, etc) gets a big thumbs....sideways. Doesnt seem terrible but isnt a slam dunk either. It actually annoys me that there are far more beautiful women on my twitterfeed than I come face-to-face with on a daily basis. Thats that BULLshhhh...if you ask me.

Anyway, ladies...gentlemen...where are the best places to meet women/men? Where did you meet yours? Do you have any single hot (female) friends? #helpabrothaout

No comments: