If you're ever wondering to yourself, or aloud, why the NBA will never be as good as the NFL, I can point to a very OBVIOUS factor for you. The zebras. They ruin basketball. They have what, one fewer ref than that of a football game and look how TERRIBLY the games are officiated. Its an ongoing, unfunny joke and when the viewers are sitting there screaming at the court, at the tv, at wherever they're watching the game, MAYBE the Commissioner should consider acting. You already had a ref admit to cheating. Are any of us willing to believe that the games look ANY different?Remember when the problem used to be all the acting, shucking, and jiving players used to do to earn a foul call? They dont even need to do that anymore. Zebras call anything they think might happen, forget actually SEEING it happen. Yet, the OBVIOUS fouls...nope. Some fouls look like they ought to involve a crime kit and...nothing. So not only are the refs BETTER for football but they're actually willing...scratch that...they actually have the GUMPTION to correct a call. When was the last time you saw a ref come back and say that there was no foul on the play. Also, the refs in football announce to the crowd what their call was. I think that lends some accountability to the position. The NBA refs are accountable to nothing.
So NBA referee...I was originally going to wish you a lump of coal in your stocking for Xmas but I'm gonna revise that call (see how easy it is?). I wish you an Anatomy & Physiology textbook.
So you can see what it looks like to have eyes, heart, and some guts. You can learn about their intended function and how to maintain that working function. Then, maybe....MAYBE the NBA can become a better product.
Oh...and Happy Holidays!!
1 comment:
Good points... NFL all day baby!
Post a Comment