Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Pretty Girl/Hobo Conundrum


Throughout the years, I have CONSTANTLY heard, from women, about how women are approached by dopes for their phone numbers, dates, etc. I'm sure most men are bombarded with these stories as well. It usually entails some unsuspecting fine lady minding her own business and being approached by some dude under the guise of conversation. Both parties know the underlying cause of why this conversation has started or at least have a decent idea. The premise is ESSENTIALLY "lets see if we find each other interesting enough such that we can date." Let me back up and say that not EVERY convo started has this in mind but a decent amount. I'll estimate 60/40...depending on circumstances.


The ratio is quite drastically different when we speak about hobos, or transients. More than likely, when a transient engages you, he/she is tryna get some money off of you. I liken it to being a pretty girl. Here I am, minding my own business, and a transient will attempt to engage me. Sometimes with irrelevant conversation, sometimes they get right to the point. Most women also have a very well adapted "bitch face." Fellas, you know this as the face that tells you "You betsta NOT come try to talk to me right now." Some bitch faces are better than others. But, when dealing with transient-types, I have my own "bitch face." Two versions actually. There's my default Angry Black Man face that every guy has developed by the time they're out of high school. That "dont fuck with me b/c you might get FUUUGGGEEDDD up" face. For those that dont have one, get one. Practice in the mirror or something. Maybe throw on some DMX and bark at yourself if it helps. This face comes in handy.


But there's also the option of headphones. The beauty of headphones is that I dont really even NEED to be listening to anything. I have the freedom of ignoring you WHILE looking at you AND having heard what you asked or said. For someone, like me, who normally cant be bothered with strangers...this is a GIFT. I cant even tell you how many people, transients or not, that I've simply ignored under the guise of not knowing they were talking to me b/c of headphones.

So what I'm getting at is simply this: Hobos make us normal folk know what it is to be a pretty girl. I look better. I smell better. I know you want to talk to me b/c you keep looking at me. I even know that all you REALLY want is what I keep in my pants (pockets). I have to devise ways to let you know "no thanks" w/o being a dick about it. Or I can just figure out a way to outright ignore you and quite frankly, not care how you feel about it. Personally, I'm a fan of the latter but thats me. Pretty girls, I feel your pain.

But all of that aside...so, what are you doing later?

1 comment:

Perceval said...

It can't work as a matter of fact, that's what I suppose.
cheap Duromine I believe one and all must glance at it.