Tuesday, September 15, 2009

This isnt about Kanye

Not really anyway. This is about the people that have been CONSTANTLY talking tough about what would have happened if Kanye would have done that to THEM. People, settle down and be real. ALL of us would have reacted almost identically to how Taylor Swift did. Utter shock. Stop acting like you knew what he would say when he went up there. And yeah yeah yeah, I know you're WAY too physically imposing and intimidating for him to have done that to you...you know, b/c drunken jackasses are taking that into account before engaging in jackassery. Some of you really need to get over yourselves. He would've done that to anyone. He was drunk.

Having processed all of that, and it being over 24 hours since the incident, I'm entirely over it. However, and someone (Prez?) mentioned this to me before, Kanye never slowed down to sincerely grieve the loss of his mom. That is CRITICAL. I'm gonna tell you right now, when I lose either of my parents, I will be an absolute mess and completely nonfunctional for some time. The dude is obviously still grieving and acting out. People love the phrase "you need more people." Hopefully he has some people that will slow him down or stop him before he does something that doesnt just go away with an apology.

Lastly, and I know that this has been said to death but, that little shrug he does before handing Taylor back that microphone was absolute hilarity. Fin.


(p.s. Ok it WAS a little about Kanye...so sue me)

3 comments:

Reina said...

Eh...I've lost a parent, and I still know how to behave in public.

Kanye was a jackass before his mom (RIP) died. And no, I can't say what I would have done had Taylor been me, but I'm 99.5% certain that no matter how inebriated Mr. West was, he would not have tried that with Pink.

and1grad said...

@Reina
Good points. I really dont believe it mattered who it was to Kanye...Pink or otherwise.

suga said...

Kudos for giving me a new word to use on the daily: jackassery.

I'd probably disappear into a cave if my mom passed. I just dont know if we can blame him not dealing with his grief on this incident. He's done this before. Kanye throws tantrums. He did it before Donda passed. He'll probably do it for the rest of his life. Thats who he is. *Kanye shrug*